Today I’m starting my first simple Python program, a Spelling Test application that I hope will allow me to outsource a repetitive and time consuming tiger parenting task.
The program will need to:
- Take in a list of 10 new spelling words each week
- Provide a randomised list of:
- The weeks 10 new spelling words
- 10 words taken from the universe of all input spelling words
- Provide a spoken prompt to spell each word
- Receive the child’s input and assess accuracy
- Stare in cold disappointment should the child make an error
Additional features that would be welcome but not essential
- Provide some sort of reporting on frequency of words tested, most common errors etc
- Be accessible from a tablet
I’ll post back here if and when I complete the project.